Sunday, February 26, 2006

Writing Exercise

So as I told a friend, I've started this blog mainly as a way to get back into writing. Which is kind of disingenuous because I don't know that I was every really into writing. It's something that came rather easily in highschool (oh so many moons ago) and I've always enjoyed it but I don't know that I have the mental depth to be a serious writer, as I am a rather shallow pool. (smirk)

Perhaps I'm over thinking it as I have a tendency to do with a lot of things. I don't post on snopes very much as that crowd is intimidating at the best of times and when they get into a debate 'der wicked me son. I am however a much better (er maybe more prolific) poster on the Kelley Armstrong site even if it's mostly in the members only open and chat forums. Sure just this morning I posted in the hot button abortion thread over there. On the KA site they have an Online Writers Group(s) or OWG's and an entire panel for writers discussions, pleas for help, resources, ideas which will be great if I ever get it into my head to petition to join up. I think my main problem is focus though, that and follow through. I've gotten so used to well mental pictures which are just snapshots of the way I see things...like a bus driver who resembles a kinder surprise, or what if the salvation army kettle people followed you around the mall singing at you till you gave a sufficient amount at Xmas time. I think I'll take my own advice and start with something small, a short story maybe and just go for the basics, begining, middle and end. Then perhaps someday I can go back and do something about that poor girl I left in a sewer about to face a troll. She's okay for now though....I hope. ;)

Hell for all I know maybe I'm just destined to be the scribe for all the going's on in the neighbourhood. That would be.....interesting.

No comments: