Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lights ! Sirens ! False Alarm ?!

Hey today,

So I'm tired today...why am I tired today you ask ?

Well it might have something to do with the fact that at about the very time I was about to get myself ready for bed last night, just as I was in midst of last glance on snopes around 11 or so I hear sirens.

Not a big deal for my neighborhood....nope not at all, okay there are the nice flashing redlights...hmmm sirens have stopped....hmmm flashing red lights are just sitting outside....ACK they're right in front of my house !!!!

So I rush to the window, like ya would and I see them beating it in to the house next door (those new neighbors I KNEW it). The firemen pound up the stairs next door, my twin pounds down the stairs in our apartment, jeans hauled on pj shirt flapping, slowing down long enough to haul on shoes and jacket saying "I'm going outside!", I haul on my shoes and follow her as well. I get down to the bottom of the stairs, my twin is at one of the fire trucks questioning WTF is on the go. I stand on the step.

There are two *ahem* ladies standing on the steps next door, one of them is dressed, the other is well...ummm wow bras do come in handy on a day to day basis huh...maybe you'd like to close that sweater you are wearing over the almost sheer pj top you have on ?? No? Well then...I continue to stand on the step.

My twin comes back, still in the dark the firemen are checking out the building. They exit building right next door, and go in one building over, not one of the firemen approaches my sister or I to ask if we heard/saw/smelled smoke or anything, my twin goes over to hear what they are saying, I contine to stand on the step.

Twin returns and says "they were called because of a fire alarm", I leave the comfort, safety and luxury of the steps to wander over to the "ladies" it turns out dressed lady had heard an alarm she didn't know what it was so she called the FD, who are now milling around outside, I return to the step, where twin and I make plans to tackle a couple of the cute ones and drag them upstairs, but we have to watch which ones have axes.

Then the incident commander guy shows up from somewhere, he is talking to the ladies who called it in, I wander over to eavesdrop. He is telling them yes he heard "something, that sounded like an alarm clock"....OMG I had at least 7 years frightened off my life, I was making plans to evacuate the cats and possibly actually wake other sister up and it was a GD alarm clock !!!! *&^%$@#@! *&^%^&$#@ !

I go in, lock the door behind me and make my way upstairs, 3rd sister is sitting on the couch in her flannels, hair mussed, blinking, we let her know all is good, she's back to bed in a flash, the cats are beyond traumatized and are slinking around like nothing I've ever seen before. I say "hi bean" and he takes off upstairs like his tail is on fire. He then proceeds to peak around the top of the stairs to see the big scary person who dared speak to him. Sooooo 3rd sister is sleeping soundly, twin follows her example and is snoozing in no time, I'm riding an adrenalin rush and end up watching CSI Miami, and some sort of ultimate fighting thing which is really sad and disturbing. I'm up till 1, to bed to toss and turn for most of the night.

No comments: